This is a SLIDING SCALE clinic. The costs for clinic services are based on either your income or they offer type of financial assistance. Contact the clinic directly to discuss prices for individual services which vary. Sliding Scale does not necessarily mean free.
The Senior Smile Dental Service is a community service program providing low-income, uninsured senior citizens living in Multnomah County with affordable dental care.
Through SSDS, participating Multnomah Dental Society members agree to offer treatment to qualified patients at a 50% reduction in normal rates, with the exception of lab fees, which are charged in full. Sponsored by MDS since 1979, this community service program has provided nearly $1,000,000 in routine and specialty treatment to over 4,000 residents.
Our goal is to help those seniors who would otherwise have no means of affording professional dental care.
Once an individual has qualified for the program and been made a member, the patient is assigned to a participating dentist. Efforts are made to match the patient with a dentist located near their residence.
The patient will receive an eligibility card, along with the name, address and phone number of the dentist they are assigned to.
It is the patient's responsibility to contact the dental office to make an appointment. The eligibility card must be presented at each office visit. All follow up visits for treatment and annual check-ups are scheduled through the dental office.
- You must meet the following criteria to participate in the SSDS program:
* You must be a resident of Multnomah County.
* You must be 65 years of age, or older.
* Your income must be less than $1,140 per month as an individual, or less than $1,537 per month in a family of two.
* You must be without dental insurance.
* You must be willing and able to pay your portion of the dentist's fees.
* You need to pay a $30 fee to the Multnomah Dental Society to enroll in the Senior Smile program.
* You must provide proof of income by sending your latest Social Security Benefit Statement (Form SSA 1099) OR copies of tax returns for the previous two years.
* On your first visit to your new Senior Smile dentist, you are expected to pay for your portion at the time of service. After that, you may discuss financial payment plans with your dentist.
* If you wish to continue participating in the program after the initial year, you will need to renew your membership. There will be a renewal fee for each year you renew. You will receive a form in the mail as a reminder.
What are Your Member Responsibilities?
* You must pay the dentist directly for services he or she performs.
* Some dentists are willing to establish payment plans. You should discuss this with your assigned dentist during your initial appointment, if this interests you.
* You must first obtain a referral from your general dentist before seeing a specialist.
* You must contact the Multnomah Dental Society if you wish to change dentists.
* As a patient, you must notify the dental office prior to the scheduled appointment if you need to cancel. Multnomah Dental Society does not need to be notified.
* If you miss two appointments without calling the dental office, you will be dismissed from the program.
* Please note that you may be required to furnish additional information to establish your financial eligibility.
* You will be responsible for the full amount of any lab fees deemed necessary for your treatment (i.e. dentures, crowns, and bridges). Ask your dentist for an estimate in advance so you are prepared.
The participating dentist, the Senior Smile Dental Service program or the Multnomah Dental Society may immediately terminate the relationship with the patient if any of the above guidelines are not met.
We have listed the dental costs below which we have compiled for Senior Smile Program.
We cannot guarantee the dental costs to be completely accurate. Costs are displayed for informational purposes for our users. We have compiled prices provided by users to this website. In order to obtain actual costs please contact the dental offices directly.
We do not have any costs yet for Senior Smile Program. Be the first to add a dental cost!
Select a state:
Enter a zip code: